This program is specifically designed to give an introductory overview of Varanasi to the first timer. The ancient city can be overwhelming to the senses if the tour is not tempered well. Hence, this three-day program is deliberately kept lightweight, covering “must-do” activities and “must-see” sights. The famous Ganga Aarti, the boat ride on the river, a photo walk through the ghats, Sunrises and sunsets, visits to temples and archaeological sites, a glimpse into the heritage of Buddhism at Sarnath… these are what make up the program
• Arrive in Varanasi
• Rest and relax in the hotel.
• 3:00 pm: Leave for the Dashashwamedh Ghat
• Take pictures of the Ghat and then take a boat ride in the river
• Watch the spectacular Ganga Aarti from the river
• Start the day before dawn to catch the sunrise from a boat in the river
• Watch Hindu rituals being performed on the banks of the Ganges River.
• Sail past the popular Ghats: Dashaswamedh Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Harischandra Ghat, Assi Ghat, Shivala Ghat, Man Mandir Ghat, Darbhanga Ghat, Ahilyabai Ghat and Kedar Ghat.
• Take a walk through old town Varanasi where the streets are utterly narrow.
• Visit Kashi Vishwanath Temple area, also known as the Golden Temple. (Only Hindus are permitted to enter the temple).
• Take a 10 km ride to the venerated Buddhist destination, Sarnath, where Gautama Buddha delivered his first sermon in a Deer Park. Visit monuments and archaeological and excavation areas where remains of the Maurya empire have been discovered including the iconic Ashoka Lion Pillar.
• Visit the Banaras Hindu University
• Visit the Indian art museum Bharat Kala Bhawan
• Visit the Banarasi weavers, who carry forward an ancient tradition of India’s traditional hand- woven silks. Meet the community and understand in-depth about their craft.