Images of a silent night on a rustic houseboat, coupled with beach time, a dip into history, culture and shopping: that’s what we recommend for your first multi-day experience of Kerala. Kerala’s ancient medicine science, Ayurveda, and the state’s dedication to the preservation of Hatha Yoga, on the backdrop of its lush tropical green setting, sea, sand, sun and rustic culture, create an idyllic environment if you want to spend four days indulging yourself in wellness and relaxation. You start the day with a day experience of Kochi, taking in imagery that is iconic to Kerala: The Chinese Fishing nets, the classic antiques of Kerala, well preserved colonial architecture especially from the Dutch era, but also remnants of Portuguese and British influence, all go to create a fantastic immersion. You then spend daylight hours on a houseboat before heading to Marari beach where you get a sea-side village experience set on 30 acres with coconut groves, lily ponds.
Day 1: Kochi
• Arrive at Kochi airport & drive to Fort Kochi
• Begin the day with breakfast/ lunch home dining experience or a visit to the Kochi Museum to set the tone and since its enroute to Fort Kochi.
• Arrive at the hotel by noon/early evening
• Set out to watch a Kathakali Dance performance at the Culture Centre
• Dinner at Brunton Boatyard or Malabar House
Day 2: Houseboat, Allepey
• Proceed to Allepey for a day house boat experience (12 noon to 5 pm)
• The experience includes an indulgent, traditional lunch cooked by the chef on the house boat
• After a half day spent with the houseboat crew, you head off to Marari beach for a 30- minute drive.
Day 3: Marari Beach
• Marari beach resort is built in a fishing village fashion and takes you closer to life of the people of Kerala who live in villages along the seaside.
• Indulge in Ayurvedic treatments and massages
• Enjoy farm to table dining with the organic farm, which you can also visit
• Have sessions of Yoga on the beach and take home a feeling of wellness.
Day 4: Return
• After breakfast in the morning, depart from Marari to Kochi airport. The Kochi airport is 1 Hr 45min drive from Marari